1. Applicants must reside within the designated area of Eastman.
2. All ages welcome.
3. There are 5 categories:
- Under 12 (must provide age)
- 12 to 18 years old
- Group Division (group/family/business)
- Recycled Art
4. One entry per person or group.
5. All finalist artwork must stay displayed for the full term of the show.
1. Contest will run from January 2, 2022 - March 31, 2022.
2. Contest is open to all residents within the designated Eastman area. This includes: Hwy #1 south, Ontario Border East, St. George North, and Hwy #12, including Beausejour West.
3. Only visual art photos will be accepted, any medium, within size restrictions.
4. Name or any identification should not be displayed on art piece until the final winners have been determined and announced. When the People's Choice voting has concluded, all winners will be posted on the website with their names revealed.
5. All participating artists must submit their work by filling out the WWAF Registration Form before the deadline, February 14, 2022.
6. When submitting your photo, please note:
- Art piece should measure less than 24" x 36", or weigh less than 15lbs.
- Photo should be very clear with the entire artwork displayed.
- Submissions where the artwork is cut off will not be accepted.
- Photos must be less than 5mb in size.
- Only one photo is required, unless it is dimensional.
- If dimensional, provide a total of three photos from different angles.
7. A panel of judges will review the submitted photos. Three pieces per category will be chosen to be finalists. In the event that there is a tie, both pieces will be displayed.
8. Finalists will be required to prepare their art piece for display with frames and/or appropriate hanging apparatus for hanging displays.
9. All finalist artwork must be displayed for the full term of the show.
10. Finalists must not adjust anything on their art piece after the selection has been made, or it will be disqualified from the competition.
11. Finalists will be posted on all WWAF social media platforms, and may be used for promotional purposes for both the contest and the festival.
12. Finalist's artwork will be displayed at the Pinawa Art Gallery and online for attendees to vote on the overall People's Choice Winners.
13. 1st place will receive $100, 2nd place will receive $50, and 3rd place will receive $25.
14. Artwork remains the property of the Artist. No purchase necessary.
15. Artwork must be picked up within three days of the end of the contest display. Finalists will be notified of the final display date on March 11, 2022. If WWAF has repeated the notification and no response is given, the artwork will then be declared abandoned and will become the property of WWAF to dispose however the organizers decide.
16. WWAF Board members and immediate families may not enter the Contest.
17. All reasonable precautionary measures will be taken to avoid damage or loss, however, the Whiteshell Winter Arts Festival does not assume financial responsibility or otherwise, for any item submitted.
* Please note: All COVID protocols are to be observed. The final judging may be postponed due to restrictions or closures and alternate dates will be announced. Any public activities will be restricted to fully vaccinated attendees. Masks must be worn, social distancing observed, and sanitizers used.
January 2, 2022
Contest open for submissions.
February 5, 2022
Deadline for submissions
February 10, 2022
Virtual judging will conclude to determine three finalists in each category.
March 5, 2022
Finalist's artwork will be displayed at the Pinawa Art Gallery and online for attendees to vote on the overall People's Choice Winners.
March 21, 2022
Winners will be notified.
March 5 - March 31, 2022
Winner's artwork will be displayed at the Pinawa Art Gallery.
March 31, 2022
Final display date. Winners will be notified to collect their artwork and cash prize.